The true expert for the winter
For compact- and middle-class, sporty cars and MPVs.
Safe and confident through the next winter
- Born in the USA, General Tire offers products for all types of vehicles, for all seasons and all terrains
- Optimum winter traction and cornering stability in snow and ice
- Fits perfectly for example to Opel Corsa, BMW 3 Series and VW Touran
General Tire has been developing tires for almost 100 years. All of this experience, precisely aligned to the winter road conditions, has been optimally combined to create the new Altimax Winter plus. ‘Zig-zag’ ribs for optimum winter traction and cornering stability in snow and ice. Wide longitudinal and lateral grooves reduce the risk of aquaplaning and provide traction. Robust tire compound guarantees high mileage. An all-round success and excellent choice for anyone who wants to safely survive the winter in their car!
Technical High lights:
‘Zig-zag’ ribs for optimum winter traction and cornering stability in snow and ice.
- Feature: ‘Zig-zag’ groove in the centre of the tire
- Effect: The ‘zig-zag’ tread keeps the snow in the groove, providing an optimum interaction between the snow in the groove and the snow on the road
- Benefits: Optimum winter traction, cornering stability in snow and ice
- Feature: High number of ‘zig-zag’ sipes at different angles
- Effect: Biting edges dispel slush and snow in all directions
- Benefits: Optimum traction and directional control on winter roads, Wide longitudinal and lateral grooves reduce the risk of aquaplaning and provide traction
- Feature: Wide longitudinal and lateral grooves
- Effect: Rapid water dispersion from the centre of the tread to the side shoulder
- Benefit: Reduced risk of aquaplaning
- Feature:Tapered edge surfaces
- Effect: Reduced water pressure in the contact area
- Benefits: Greater traction and cornering stability